guts·y (gts)
adj. guts·i·er, guts·i·est Slang
1. Marked by courage or daring; plucky.
2. Robust and uninhibited; lusty: "the gutsy . . . intensity of her musical involvement" Judith Crist.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Surgery went fine, follow-up was yesterday

Yesterday's follow-up with the surgeon went fine.  They took out my two stitches.  The arthroscopic incisions are indeed tiny.  Aside from some swelling, some residual ink marks, and a few SteriStrips, my knee doesn't look much different from before the surgery.

I went home with pictures taken inside my knee, showing meniscal crap (the surgeon's term) before debridement, several shots of normal stuff, and one unusual problem that might have been the main source of pain: a plica, which Dr. Troy removed.

I still have pain, but every day it's a little better.  I can walk using crutches, I can walk using just one crutch, I can even walk without crutches at all.  Mostly I'm resting, elevating the leg, and getting around using one crutch.

Prescription for physical therapy in hand, I've begun the hunt for PT that's nearby and covered by my insurance.

2 comments:

  1. And the chair? Live-saver or dust-collector?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chair:
    Totally a life-saver! First comfortable place I've had to sit down since 2002. I love my chair.

    I went to a lot of trouble to get one that supports my calf and knee as well as my foot and ankle -- only to discover in PT that that's exactly what I need to avoid if I want to be able to straighten out my leg again normally.

    I've tried to modify it with pillows, but the chair is so supportive that I have to leave it to go lie on the couch with heel on pillows and straight knee UNsupported by anything. Very UNcomfortable!

    Today's PT recommendation for dealing with this conflict is to switch from couch to chair every 20 minutes. Sounded like a good idea at the time but not very practical.

    Anyway I'm sure this chair will fall apart from overuse long before it has a chance to gather any dust.

    ReplyDelete